Saturday, October 16, 2010

Did the early 1990's bar scene nurture my love of the 2nd Empire mansard roof?

It's been a while since I've featured a pretty mansard. This cute house a reminder of what a proper mansard roof should look like. J'adore wrought iron cresting and thus I've always had a crush on this house. I remember it from when me and my party people would come to McGurks during college breaks. We'd look for parking and I'd always say, "I love that house." Of course, now I live a few blocks from this house. Coincidence? Or destiny?

I've added a new tag: pretty 2nd Empire houses near bars where I went 20 or so years ago.

this house---Soulard---McGurks
houses on Park Ave----Lafayette Square---Killabrews
houses on Sidney Street----Benton Park----Cats Meow and Sidney Street


No comments:

Post a Comment