Friday, April 19, 2013

Grand and Interstate 70

Love this little mansard which sits quite close to Interstate 70 in North City.  I wish I knew more about it.  Such a breath of fresh air in a neighborhood that's seen better days.

If this week's events leave you looking for a funny story, click on my tumblr for a picture of my husband with a giant tack stuck in his foot.  He stepped on the tack while chasing (barefoot) the dog down the alley.  That's got to be a sanitary item-  giant tack of unknown origin in city alley.   I tried to extricate the tack.  No luck.  It wouldn't budge.  He went to Downtown Urgent Care  where the tack was removed, the wound irrigated and his tetanus shot updated. Downtown Urgent Care gets high recommendations from us.  Convenient, pleasant, good care.

He's also currently taking Cipro and Doxycycline.  This means he will also kill off any Rocky Mountain spotted fever, lyme disease, chlamydia, elaphantiasis, bubonic plague, anthrax and malaria.

Today's badmansard lesson- City of St. Louis alleys are places to wear shoes.


1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you all that much about this building, but I do know that it was abandoned and in threat of demolition during most of the 90s & early 00s.

    I distinctly remember passing it every Sunday as a child and, given the history of College Hill's demolition patterns, I was certain it would be torn down even at a young age. The structure was boarded and quickly deteriorating.

    I'm fairly certain a religious organization bought and saved this building about 5-10 years ago when I was still in high school. Geo St. Louis seems to say that Humanitri owns it so I guess it all checks out.

    ReplyDelete