Saturday, April 14, 2012

I am a mère du football

I never thought I'd be one of those moms packing up the family to head off to some out of town sport tournament. Yet here I am in Cape Girardeau for my 11 year old's soccer tournament. At least I found a bad mansard picnic pavilion in Cape's Shawnee Park.

I struggle with the amount of time I have on my hands. I am not used to free time. So far we've been to Target in between games and did our "big" Target shopping. I plan to needlepoint, catch up on email, read and go to bed early after a couple of beers. My two charges (the soccer kid and her 9 year old sister) are running around the hotel and swimming.

My husband remains at home with the 6 year old boy and 3 year old girl. Everyone is having fun. It's good to mix up the household dynamic every once in a while, and also good to try a new Target every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment