Monday, December 12, 2011

Flora place

I am working on some juicy bad mansard posts. Until I finish with those, I am presenting to you one of my favorite houses on Flora Place. It is somewhat plain compared to the larger mansions that surround it. 3816 Flora is where my grandmother grew up back in the 1930's and 1940's. A gorgeous and smart lady who matriculated from Roosevelt High School and later from Washington University.

She was Presbyterian and attended Tyler Place Church around the corner from this house. I, on the other hand, am Catholic and drive my kids over to school in her old neighborhood to attend St. Margaret of Scotland. I came across a family genealogy chart that showed her mother's family (the Starr's and Chester's) to be descendants of, wait for it, Queen Margaret of Scotland. Small world.

3 comments:

  1. That's funny. Connections are everywhere and it's wonderful when such a serendipity shows itself. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually just bought this house in September and have complete the first stage of renovations! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How wonderful! Send me a message at badmansard at me dot com if you ever care to discuss my grandmother's family.

      Delete