Saturday, January 30, 2021

New jobs bring new architecture

 Not mansard related, but my husband has a new job in the beautiful Station G building on Chouteau.  It's an old Laclede Gas pump station.   John has worked in some architecturally amazing places over the last 25+ years:  1136 Washington Ave (A.D. Brown Building), 1221 Locust Street (Shell Building), 1101 Lucas Avenue (Hadley-Dean Building) and 415 N. 10th Street. 


As for me, I've only ever worked in two old, cool buildings.  For a hot minute, my law firm had temporary space in Union Trust Building.  My office was huge with a lumpy couch and a pretty chandelier.  It's now the site of the Saint Louis Hotel...my old office is now a hotel room, LOL.  Then, when I was in law school, I worked in the Frisco Building at 9th and Olive.  Other than that, my firm has been in very boring space:  200 N. Broadway, 211 N. Broadway and 515 Olive.

Enjoy the pics. 




No comments:

Post a Comment